“Jacob Johnson is one of the finest guitarists I have heard anywhere. What an artist/technician/entertainer he is! I highly recommend Jacob to you and know that,whether live or via recording, you will be amazed and touched by his artistry.”
— Mark Powers Director of Worship & Music Office Southern Baptist Convention
“Stories differ from advice in that, once you get them, they become a fabric of your whole soul. That is why they heal you.” ~Alice Walker
If anyone knows how to feed the soul thru the fabric of a story, it’s South Carolina’s own Jacob Johnson. Whether he’s playing a famous venue or your living room, the passion of his storytelling is complemented by his easy going and effortless vocals. Jacob’s entertaining and down to earth stage presence is matched only by his stunning showcase of complicated chord progressions and techniques. Magic flies out of his fingertips as he strums, slaps, and taps his favorite Takamine six string.
And this holiday season, that magic will twinkle as bright as the lights on the Rockefeller tree. Like the shiny new wrapping on that classic Jack in the Box, Jacob adds his own uniqueness to traditional hymns such as “Silent Night” and “Little Drummer Boy”. He even breathes new life into ones that Santa may have left collecting soot in the chimney. And let’s not forget, those fan favorites that have garnered Jacob impressive awards over the years—“The Ferryboat Waltz”, for instance. And he’ll be the first to tell you, his Christmas selection came “organically. . . I picked songs that just resonated with me and had a good message.”
That good message is waiting for you to receive it. So grab your hot cocoa, find a seat by the fireplace, and feast your twinkling eyes on the delightful Jacob Johnson.
- "Jacob rocks!"
- "The audience was really into your show! …You are a remarkable performer."
- Phil Keaggy
- "Jacob Johnson is one of the finest guitarists I have heard anywhere. What an artist/technician/entertainer he is! I highly recommend Jacob to you and know that,whether live or via recording, you will be amazed and touched by his artistry."
- Mark Powers
Director of Worship & Music Office Southern Baptist Convention
- “ Very entertaining and inspiring."
- Maine Music Blog
- "Johnson sounds like Norman Rockwell paintings and the open road. He is a virtuoso, expressing a working comprehension of dozens of techniques and styles. He has blended and blurred the lines of genres to craft a sound he calls 'Neo-Acoustic Folk/Funk'."
- The Florence Morning News (Florence, SC)
- “He's all over the place. Influenced by technical masters like Pat Metheny and fellow southerner Kaki King, he has developed an approach that requires tight coordination of both hands as he slaps and taps the neck of his instrument."
- The Gazette (Rockville, MD)
- "Having personally enjoyed Jacob's gifts for years, I knew our church was in for a special night. Our people (from kids through Senior Adults) sang along,
laughed, and truly enjoyed the evening. It was a great event on our Christmas calendar. We hope to host Jacob again!"
- Michael Hodge
Senior Pastor, Enoree Baptist Church (Travelers Rest, SC)
- "Part of the new breed of folk musicians who make their own rules"
-The Savannah Morning News (Savannah, GA)